Sunday, July 17, 2011

In the Works

I am anxiously awaiting my For the Love of Cupcakes swap partner to receive. This is a bit nerve-wracking as I just mailed this morning. As soon as she has received I will post pictures and descriptions. I made some similar items for my sister-in-law and will post those once they have been received as well.


I am starting on a crocheted shawl for another swap, this time a round robin. The pattern is called Evening Shawl and I found it first on Ravelry.com but have since found it again on LionBrand.com using a different weight of yarn and called Elegant Shawl. I'm using I Love This Yarn Sportweight, available at Hobby Lobby, in black and an F/3.75mm hook. The yarn 100% acrylic, so it is washable, but this brand is very soft.
The instructions are not the best or easiest to follow, even though I've been crocheting a long time, but I think I have the pattern down and have high hopes it will turn out well. Thankfully, the swap has a really long crafting time, so I can try something else if it doesn't work out the way I would like.

No comments:

Post a Comment