Thursday, July 14, 2011

Retro/Rockabilly Accessories

I recently scored a lot of resin jewelry supplies in a couple of craft swaps on Craftster.org. I had a few retro/rockabilly images that made me think of a college friend of mine, so some of my first creations are for her. I made a bobby-pin and pendant each with a Scrabble-tile base and a pendant with a Rummikub-tile base. The images are just printed out on thicker, good-quality paper and were glued to the tiles with Modge Podge. I put two coats of Modge Podge on the top of each image/tile and let them dry completely before topping with a coating resin (Envirotex Lite in this case). They cured for several days before I glued the findings onto the backs with E6000.

The photo isn't the best but I've been resin-crafting like a mad woman and couldn't wait to start posting projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment